These are privately owned message boards, here for you, our guests. They facilitate the atmosphere where you can express yourself, for the topics presented. While we believe in "freedom of speech", we ask for restraint. We expect you to think you are face to face with your friends as you contribute on the forums. Our forums are read by media industry persons, enthusiasts, media students and their families, including KIDS. So mind your manners.
Rule of thumb is, DON'T DO IT if:
You would not do it via human contact in public.
You would not want it being done to you.
- Personal Attacks, slander, inappropriate language.
- Material that defames, abuses or threatens others.
- Material that contains vulgar, obscene or indecent language or images (misspelling for the intent of the above is also not allowed).
- Statements that contain bigotry, hate or are racially offensive.
- Material that advocates illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
- Speculation or rumors regarding anyone's personal life (if it's not in the news, publicized or verifiable, then don't post it here).
- Unauthorized copyrighted material.
- Spam or advertising. Advertising is not allowed. To advertise Click here, and select "Advertising Dept".
- The same posts across multiple boards or posted multiple times.
- NO off Topic posts. In other words, stick on topic!
- Complaints regarding the moderation or administration of the forums. Any issues with site moderation, you must privately e-mail the staff. This is to prevent stopping the flow of the topics at hand.
- Any other threads, posts or material declared unacceptable by the administration or staff.
- Please do not assume or allude to an identity that is not your own. While we are not responsible for any such actions, YOU are and are liable to any possible legal action.
The preceding was a short list of rules. Please refer to the Terms of Service for a full disclosure.
Any infraction can lead to post editing, deletion, and/or banning/cease & desist, with or without advanced warning. Banning or decision to take legal action is at the sole discretion of the Chicagomediachat.com staff or its Parent Companies discretion. Your IP Address is recorded with each post you make on this discussion system. Any information you enter on this discussion system may be stored in a database. "Cookies" are stored on your computer to save basic information. Participation after being notified to cease & desist, in any fashion by Chicago Media Chat (including but not limited to: E-mail, US Mail, Voice, text or via Legal methods and/or the court systems) under another assumed identity or the same one that the cease & desist was notified on, constitutes trespassing and is illegal.
Any post or contribution made on ChicagoMediaChat or any of its associalted forums, is acknowledgement and agreement to these and the complete Terms of Service, releasing us (Chicago Media Chat and its Parent Companies) from any responsibilty, in or out of a court of law.